Help us redefine banking. Join our team.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Originate residential mortgage loans through solicitation and developing relationships with real estate professionals, builders, and other business referral sources. To successfully produce the numbers you are assigned, you will need to maintain a quality network of business relationships that serve as recurring sources of referrals for new mortgage lending opportunities for you and growth for the association. In this role, your compensation will be based on your ability to produce consistently and you’re most likely to succeed if you come in with an existing book of business.
- Participate in business related development opportunities, community and bank events in an effort to promote home ownership.
- Develop and execute a marketing plan based on monthly and quarterly production standards. Works with manager to constantly improve performance and exceed minimum monthly standards as set forth in the compensation schedule.
- Conduct interviews with prospective borrowers to analyze financial and credit data, determines customer financing objectives, advises customer on product/pricing policies and guidelines, and gathers all additional required information in order to complete and error free disclosure to the customer.
- Analyze the various mortgage products available to the customer based on the information provided.
- Employ independent judgment and discretion to recommend a mortgage product or products that are suitable for the customer’s financial situation and consistent with the customer’s overall financial goals.
- Obtain all required documentation as required (i.e. appraisals, title reports, financial information, pulling credit), by taking complete applications, analyzing information and collecting supporting documentation to allow a seamless disclosure, process and approval on the loan file.
- Maintain overall responsibility for the loan file and documentation through processing, underwriting, closing, funding and post-closing by following the transaction through to its conclusion.
- Convey to customers and other associates the advantages of Brainerd Savings & Loan’s various financial products and services offered through other areas of the bank.
- May be asked to coach, mentor, or train others and teach coursework to build a strong team. Responsible for other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrate compliance with all bank regulations that apply to your position, and keep up to date on regulation changes.
- Maintain working knowledge of our policies and procedures regarding the Bank Secrecy Act, Regulation CC, Regulation E, Bank Security and other regulations that apply to your position.
Registered Mortgage Loan Originator (MLO)
- This position requires you to act as a Bank MLO, which is defined as an individual authorized by the Bank to take mortgage loan applications, offer a mortgage, arrange a mortgage, assist a consumer in obtaining or applying to obrain a mortgage, negotiates a mortgage, other wise obtain or make a mortgage for another person, represent to the public (through advertising and other means of communication) that such person can or will perform any of these activities, or, refer a consumer to a loan originator (Note: Except those employees of the association who do not discuss particular credit terms available and do not refer the customer, based on the employee’s assessment of the consumer’s financial characteristics to a particular Bank MLO), for compensation or gain. All MLO’s will be required to register annually as an MLO complying with the S.A.F.E. Act requirements.
- Mortgage originating and structuring experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the home lending industry, including processing, underwriting, closing and funding loans.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience collecting and analyzing borrower income and negotiating skills.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze a customer’s particular financial and housing situation and make appropriate recommendations for mortgage and other financial products based on that analysis.
- Excellent written and verbal communications.
- Ability to organize and prioritize, manage and perform multiple tasks.
- Detail-oriented and able to meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively with individuals and groups across the company to manage internal and external customer relationships.
- Proficiency with personal computers and related software packages such as Word and Excel, and other business machines.
- Previous mortgage self-generated origination/sales experience required.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in business, finance or equivalent.
- Must be registered as a MLO per the S.A.F.E. Act requirements.
- Ability to train and present information to small audiences or has the interest in learning to train and present.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
- Occasional Walking.
- Lifting up to 10 pounds.
- Occasional Travel.
- No Relocation Offered.
Brainerd Savings & Loan is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, or disability. We maintain a drug-free workplace and may perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
- EEO is The Law – click here for more information
- Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at 218.829.5183.